Friday, August 2, 2013

Plans for CC Cycle 2 Week 11

Timeline: After looking at the cards and working through the hand motions, we'll give a little "concert".  I'll have them stand at the front of class, or against a wall, and each will be assigned a timeline event. They will do their hand motions as we sing through.   I have 8 students and so I will have one be the conductor.  Then they'll switch places and timeline events.
Science:  http://io9.com/5987254/whats-the-difference-between-a-comet-asteroid-meteor-meteoroid-and-meteorite
this link has the perfect visual for this weeks science.
History: Wow! the thing that sticks out to me is the guillotine.  This seems like a good one to illustrate.
1st box: the year and flag of France.
2nd box: citizens
3rd box: stormed
4th box: Declaration of Rights
5th box: I drew rain, but put the crown in to remind the kids it's a royal reign
6th box: terror
7th box: guillotine
Geography: Geo- folders  tracing on the page protectors.  Then again on tracing paper, and color in the 
countries.  I will bring the large map and do some fly swatting with the kids.
Math: Cubes, Lets do some cake walking with this one.
English: I looked for a song, I found a good one, but it wasn't to a tune I recognized.  I like using songs that 
people already know so they can sing it later at home.  So, I kinda made it fit to "A Tisket a Tasket" 
A Tisket a Tasket
Indefinite Pronoun
A    green and yellow basket
all, another,  any,    anybody 
I wrote a letter to my love
anyone,      and  anything
And on the way I dropped it
Both, each and     eith-er
It happens to work out that the next two weeks of indefinite pronouns also fit this song.  So, we will build on 
to this song.
Latin:  work with the poster and song.  We'll do this in a circle passing a bean bag.
Review Game: BANG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment