Monday, August 12, 2013

Callie

To the person called "Callie" who commented on my post titled CC Tutor.  You asked what age group I work with.  I tried to reply, but the comment disappeared and there was no where to reply.  I don't' know why (she swallowed a fly...).  I was doing some maintenance on my blog last night, trying to make it easier for people to find what they need. I think somehow it messed  up your comment.  So here is my reply:
I am still fairly new and don't know all the titles that go with the age groups.  I've heard them, and tried to quickly look up on CC's website, but couldn't find my answer.  So, instead of the title of the age group, I'll say that I work with 1st-3rd graders.  I know I've got some 6 yr olds, and 8's. I think/hope most of this could be adapted to different ages/levels.  I hope you find this reply.  I really try hard to get back to everyone who comments:)  this is my attempt.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ari,
    The ages are rough and depending on your individual community- you may have 6 and 8 year olds together but roughly the 4-5 year olds are called "Abecedarians. The 6-7 are Apprentices 8-9 Journeyman and then 10-12 or so are Masters. So you sound like you have a Apprentice/journeyman class. Hope this helps! Happy tutoring! I'm tutoring this year too!

    ReplyDelete