Wednesday, March 3, 2010

we've had a few days without posts, because we have had a few sick days. Thursday the girls started out with a cold... fever... more fever... high fever... by monday they hit 103.5 and we needed to get into the dr. we weren't getting better on rest, chicky soup, and lots of fluids, so we hit the dr. it was awful!!! first they said there was only one apt so i had to choose who to have seen. Bella was worse off than Claire and so I knew she needed attention first. We got there and it wasn't our regular dr. It was an older, less friendly, no time for the kids to warm up dr. when he asked me questions I was answering "they..." so he finally said, "well, who are we seeing? " . I told him that both had the same thing, but there was only one apt so the other kid had to come back another day. the dr said "they made you choose??" he went out to the receptionist and asked for Claire's file and told her he was treating them both. they both were diagnosed with pneumonia. so then they had to get blood tests. okay they might as well have sawed off their finger. the prick was detrimental. they pricked their finger, then "milked" enough blood for the test. we were restraining them and I hate that. they look at you like you are torturing them. Claire said later when I was describing our apt to Micah "I don't want to hear about that again".
so then we started the antibiotic... Bella looked like she could hardly keep her eyes open. the next morning she also looked very droopy eyed, which the prescription said was a side effect that you needed to inform your dr of right away. so the office receptionist told us to come in to the office. we didn't have an apt so we had to be seen at the clinic side, and waited 45 min. so then when we saw the dr, which was the same dr as the night before, bella immediately started crying and clinging to Nana. he looked at them after hearing what I said and told me that "you didn't need to come in ". he had asked if we had a history of some crazy muscle thing, or if the girls were exhibiting any other muscle weakness, when the answer was no, he said the receptionist shouldn't have had us come in. so then that night when they started having other side effects that we were supposed to inform our dr of... we called the on call dr. i was happier to talk to the oncall dr, instead of a receptionist. he said we were fine. i asked about the apt we didn't have to come to and if he knew if they might credit our account for the misunderstanding. i really don't have $50 to wash down the drain. so he said he would take care of it.
now we are just dealing with whines, and coughs. they are daily getting better, eating a bit more and playing a little. after spending all weekend on the couch that is a huge improvement. though after a few minutes of play, they are soon exhausted.
tonight bella wanted me to lay with her, she wasn't quite settled in to her new bed. so i laid... and laid... and she wanted to hide- i told her i don't like laying with my head under the sheets because it gets to hot. she was offended that i wouldn't want to hide with her. then micah came home and wanted to peek in her room- i said "are you kidding". here I was trying to get her to sleep and we really didn't need any interruptions. automatically that perked bella wide awake. she said "that was daddy, I like daddy". I reminded her that we were trying to sleep. I asked her to rub my face so I could fall asleep. knowing how tired I get when I have to rub their backs, I thought it might put her to sleep if she did it to me. well, the sweet soft hand on my face soon started poking me. then she accidently hit herself in the face. oh, sweet motherhood. so, I finally laid down the utlimatum. I told her that she had to close her eyes, and lay still. she did. then told me "I can't see". Of course I explained why we aren't supposed to be able to see when we are trying to sleep. I did have to leave, and she fussed for a while. I was in the kitchen putting some things away and Claire so dutifully informed me "someone is crying". what is halarious is that she one, thought I couldn't hear the crying, and two: wasn't sure who was crying. like we have rooms full of toddlers that all sound the same.

this afternoon we were telling Claire that maybe when she's older, seven I think I purposed, she could go visit Nana and Papa on her own. Just her and Bella. She looked a bit puzzled. Then Nana mentioned that Tessa and I had done that when we were growing up. So, Claire thought, okay they are serious, how am I going to work this out. Her solution (or great idea) "Yeah, bella could ride in her car seat, and I could drive." She said this with such confidence and enthusiasm it was sad we had to bring her into reality. We explained how we meant she would fly. I was glad to see she was excited about flying as much as driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment